This article will dive into troubleshooting issues that you may run into if you use SkuVault with Zentail for your inventory management. A lot of these issues can be avoided by making sure the SkuVault integration is set up correctly. If you are in the implementation process, reach out to your Implementation Specialist or [email protected] to make sure that the correct steps have been followed.
Before moving forward, a common method of troubleshooting is something called "flickering".
"Flickering" is when you make a small change to data in Zentail with the intent of generating a new feed or API call to a channel or integration. Since SkuVault depends on API calls being sent from Zentail and Zentail also receives data from SkuVault, flickering on both ends is something you may be doing to test and make sure things are working. For example, you can flicker the title on a SKU by adding a character to the end of the title, waiting 30 seconds or so and then removing it. You can flicker inventory by adding or removing quantity by 1, and then adding or removing it back.
SKUs are not being created in SkuVault
If your SKU is not being created in SkuVault, use the checklist below to make sure everything is in order.
- If the SKU is a kit SKU, check to see if it also exists as a kit in SkuVault. If it does not, delete the non-kit SKU in SkuVault and flicker the title in Zentail. Wait 10-15 minutes and check if it gets created.
- Check your UPC. SKUs need to have a UPC filled in to create in SkuVault, they do not need to be unique UPCs or valid UPCs but if you don't have one you should add "not applicable" or "N/A" to make sure the SKU creates in SkuVault.
- Check to make sure that your vendor and your brand is filled in in Zentail. These are also required and they must match with a vendor/brand that exists in SkuVault, leading to the next step
- Make sure your brands and vendors are in SkuVault and that they are enabled. The "Generic" brand and "Unknown" supplier are especially important so make sure they are enabled.
- Flicker the title or the cost of the SKU, which will change the updated timestamp and attempt to include it in the latest batch of SKUs sending to SkuVault.
Inventory is not syncing for a SKU/multiple SKUs
If there is an inventory mismatch, or you're adding inventory in SkuVault and it's not showing up in Zentail, try out these steps to see if they help.
- Flicker the inventory on SkuVault. This makes the updated timestamp up to date and attempts to include the SKU in the latest batch of updates sending to Zentail.
- Use the "pull inventory" bulk action in the Integration Settings. WARNING: this takes a long time to run and finish since it queries a lot of data and should only be used as a last resort. Work with a member of the support team prior to running this.
If none of these steps worked to help fix your issue, and you've confirmed that the SkuVault integration is connected to Zentail correctly with the related reading below, please reach out to a member of the support team