This article aims to simplify the Zentail - SkuVault integration. We will cover:
- The information that SkuVault sends or does not send Zentail
- The information that Zentail sends or does not send SkuVault
- Frequently Asked Questions
Information flow from SkuVault to Zentail
What information DOES SkuVault send Zentail
SkuVault is an inventory management software. As such, Zentail relies on SkuVault for all inventory-centric information. This means that you will manage the following information on SkuVault and it will flow into Zentail automatically:
- Bin Locations
- SKU - SkuVault will create SKUs on Zentail if they do not already exist on Zentail. Because SkuVault only populates the SKU and inventory (no titles, descriptions, etc...), the recommended workflow is to create your SKUs on Zentail first.
Note: In order to assign this information to a specific warehouse on Zentail, make sure you have set up your SkuVault Warehouse codes on Zentail.
What information SkuVault does NOT send Zentail
Because Zentail uses SkuVault to manage your inventory, and because Zentail is the best source of your detailed product data, much of the descriptive information for a SKU is NOT pulled into Zentail. This list of information that Zentail does not pull in from SkuVault includes:
- Sales Price (or Retail Price)
- Primary Supplier
- Picture URLs
- Additional Attributes
Information Flow from Zentail to SkuVault
What information Zentail DOES send SkuVault
For your active SKUs in Zentail, the following information is sent into SkuVault:
- Title (Can be disabled on your integrations page)
- Cost (Can be disabled on your integrations page)
- Orders (Recommended to keep enabled to appropriately decrement inventory; to disable, please contact Zentail Support)
- Price as Sale Price (not Retail Price)
- SKU - Zentail will create a SKU in Zentail where one does not exist yet
- Channel ID / Store (if configured on your integrations page)
- Marketplace ID - makes it easier to look up the orders in SkuVault. Read more about Marketplace ID on a SkuVault picklist
What information Zentail does NOT send SkuVault
Because you are using SkuVault to manage your inventory, Zentail will not send any inventory-centric information to SkuVault
- Bin Location
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I delete a SKU on SkuVault?
- If it's an active SKU, we'll likely send it over again the next time there's a change to the product data of that SKU on Zentail.
- If you want to manually push an immediate update to SkuVault, you can simply make a minor change, such as adding a period to the Title and save and then deleting the period and saving again.
- The SKU should appear again on SkuVault within 15 minutes.
- If you delete a SKU on SkuVault and don't want to use it anymore, you should archive it on Zentail too.
Note: Make sure you have Brand, Vendor, and a unique UPC entered in the SKU on Zentail.
How frequently do changes made in Zentail update with SkuVault?
Changes made in Zentail are automatically sent to SkuVault every 15 minutes, on the hour.
How frequently does Zentail pick up SkuVault inventory data?
Zentail picks up any changes in available inventory you make in SkuVault. Whenever a change occurs in SkuVault, it should be reflected within a few minutes.
How do I force Zentail to sync with SkuVault's inventory for my entire catalog?
If necessary, you can use the Pull Inventory action on your Integrations page on Zentail.
Understanding your SkuVault Integration page