Woohoo! You're getting ready to be a part of Google's marketplace and add a powerful channel to your sales mix. Before you can start selling you need to set up your Merchant Center. This article will help walk you through what's required and any questions you might have.
First, the Merchant Center does a great job of walking you through which steps to complete. You can find these by going to the "Shopping Actions" tab in your Merchant Center.
Note: if this tab doesn't exist you may not be approved yet. Please be sure to complete the Shopping Actions Interest Form, noting Zentail as your channel partner, to get into the approval queue. Let us know your Merchant Center ID too.
Here are the steps broken down with some FAQ's. Aside from any additional assistance you might need for 1 or 2 you should be able to complete this in less than 30 minutes.
- Choose a Product Feed - video
- Note, if you don't have a Zentail feed in your Merchant Center then you can either:
- a. Follow the steps in this article, or
- b. Hit us up! This is what Zentail does, and your products are already going to be categorized. Chat is in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Upload Branding - pic, Google's Branding Requirements
- Note: to avoid getting held up here, you can email [email protected] and approve default logos to be used. Please cc [email protected] as well.
- When you do upload, make sure you're in the Shopping Actions section.
3. Set up Tax Settings - video, Google Help Article
- A nexus is wherever you have a physical location or warehouse.
- This should be the same nexus you have on your webstore.
4. Set up Shipping Settings - example, Google Help Article
- Be sure to enter handling time for each shipping option!
- Note: the pricing needs to match the options on your webstore.
5. Set up Return Settings - video, Google Help Article
- Be sure to enter at least one policy and one returns address.
6. Set up Payment Details - Google Help Article
- Like getting paid? Make sure you do this one!
- Note: if you can't access this, check your user roles from the 3 vertical dots in the top right.
7. Configure Your User Roles
- From the 3-vertical-dot icon on the top right of Merchant Center, select Users.
- If you already have [email protected] as a User in your Merchant Center, you do not need to add an additional user or mark this email in Zentail.
- If you do not already have that user, you can add [email protected] as a user, and paste the same email in your Zentail integrations page.
- Paste this email into the "Service Account Email" field on your Zentail Google integrations page.
- In either case, the user must have all available privileges in your Merchant Center.
Awesome work! There are some easy additional pieces needed at the bottom, such as the:
- Customer Service Contact Email
- Marketing Settings
That's it! Make sure to accept the terms of service in step 2 and then request final review. Congrats!