Custom templates are available for you to create reports with the fields you need to edit or export from Zentail.
Creating a Custom Report Template
- Go to the Import Data page, select the CREATE NEW TEMPLATE tab.
- Select the Report Type
- Product: used to manage all product, inventory, and pricing data of your SKUs.
- Sales Order: used to export cumulative order data.
- Sales Order Line Item: export granular order data from Zentail, like the SKUs and item details within each order.
- Label your Template
- If your data has a header row, or you want to view the headers in an export, be sure to keep First row is a header row checked.
- Your Field Delimiter value should likely always be set to Comma.
- Scroll down to the Columns section. This is how you add attributes to your template!
- Click the + ADD COLUMN button to add a column to your template. -- standard convention is to always keep "SKU" as column A.
- Search for the attribute and click it to add it as a new column, repeat for all desired attributes.
- You can add, delete, and move around headers as you add them.
- When done, select CREATE TEMPLATE
Different Types of Attributes
There are different types of attributes on Zentail. For the most part you will see attributes that are:
- Text: This accepts any and all values. Most attributes are categorized as a 'text' attribute.
- Numeric: Only accepts number values. Commonly used for quantity attributes.
- Boolean: This a true/false, yes/no field. Common attributes are 'listed' attributes (setting SKUs to list / don't list).
- Select: These are attributes that only accept a select set of values. There is a list of accepted values listed as you add the attribute to your template.
NOTE: You can also set these reports to run and be emailed to you automatically on a set schedule. See this Article for more details.