Import / Export is a powerful and fast way to...
- Add new SKUs
- Edit existing SKUs
- List and De-list SKUs for specific channels
- Update inventory values and bin locations
This article contains information about
- Different Report Types in Zentail and Sample Template Ideas
- Step 1. Creating a New Template
- Step 2. Exporting Data from Zentail
- Step 3. Importing Data into Zentail
Sample Template Ideas
Below is a list of a few templates you may consider creating for your own catalog:
- Product Report Templates
- Order Reports => Custom Sales Order Reports and Customer Sales Order Line Item Reports
For more information on how to generate order reports please see the Custom Order Reports (FAQ)
- Product ID's
- Product Description
- Create Product Groups
Channel Specific Templates
- Price Override
- Title Override
- Description Override
- List / Un-List
- Max Listings
Common Templates to Create: Common Templates.xlsx 14.71 KB
This document contains a list of templates with fields you may want to include when updating product information.
How to Run an Import and Export Video Tutorial
Step 1: Creating a new Product Report template
- Go to the Import Data page.
- Click "CREATE NEW TEMPLATE"
- Choose "Product" under "Report Type"
- Name your template
- If your data has a header row, be sure to keep "First row is a header row" checked.
- Your "Field Delimiter" value should likely always be set to "Comma".
- Scroll down to the "Columns" section.
- Click the "+" button to add a column to your template. -- standard convention is to always keep "SKU" as column A and add attribute columns below.
- Search for the attribute and click it to add it as a new column, repeat for all desired attributes.
- Click the "CREATE TEMPLATE" button.
Step 2: Export Zentail Data
Now that you've created a template, it's time to download that data.
- In the RUN EXISTING REPORT section of the Import data page.
- Click "Custom Product Report Templates" and select the template you want to export.
- Select "Download Report" and Click the "START GENERATING REPORT" button at the bottom of the page.
- In the PREVIOUS EXPORTS section => Wait a moment for your report to complete and click the download icon. Your report will be downloaded as a CSV file. You can now open the file in Excel or Google Sheets, add or modify data and then import the edited file by following the directions below.
Step 3: Importing Data into Zentail
Now that you've downloaded data from Zentail, added new SKUs or edited existing SKUs, you're ready to run an import.
- In the RUN EXISTING REPORT section of the Import data.
- Click Custom Product Report Templates and select the template you want to import.
- Select Upload CSV file and click UPLOAD FILE and select the file you would like to upload and click NEXT STEP.
- Click on each of the rows to make sure the data is mapped correctly -- please use caution to ensure the file you are about to upload matches the template.
- Select the fields you want to import -- if you only want to import data from a subset of the total columns on in your file, simply uncheck the columns you want to ignore. SKU is always selected since it is required for all imports.
- Click START IMPORT.
- Go to the PREVIOUS IMPORTS section of the Import Data page to view the status of your import.
To download a previous import:
- Go to the PREVIOUS IMPORTS tab.
- Click the cloud icon under the Downloads column.