On Zentail, the item cost is the cost to you, the seller, to acquire the product. Tracking your item costs on Zentail allows for actionable analytics, like reporting by profitability or suggesting the optimal reorder quantity.
If you are managing Kit SKUs, please note that the cost on the Kit SKU is a sum of the cost for all component SKUs.
There are a few ways you can edit the costs of your products on Zentail.
Through the EDIT Product option on a SKU
- Find the SKU you want to edit, once the SKU Menu is open, click EDIT
- Navigate to the PRICE & AVAILABILITY tab. If this SKU is in a product group, you'll find it under the THIS PRODUCT tab first.
- Edit the cost, click the checkmark to save your changes!
Using the QuickEdit view
- Navigate to your QuickEdit page.
- The Cost column is included by default
- If necessary, create any filters to find the product(s) you want to edit.
- Enter the new cost value, then navigate out of the cell (click off of it, or simply click 'Enter' or 'Return' on your keyboard)
All changes are saved automatically! For more information on QuickEdit, review the article: Quick Edit Catalog View.
Edit Cost through an Import
For comprehensive instructions, please refer to the article: Import / Export Overview
Please make sure to include the header/column Cost in the spreadsheet you import into Zentail.
How Zentail Calculates Cost