This article includes an overview of best practices to increase your eBay.com sales!
- SEO for eBay
- Imply scarcity
- Custom eBay template
- Become a Top Rated Seller
- Highest selling products listed w/ inventory
- Competitive Pricing
- consider landing price (item price + shipping)
- Offer free shipping whenever possible
- Do not use Calculated Shipping. This leads to lower conversion rate on ebay
SEO for eBay
Make sure to use all 80 characters (or as near to 80 as you can) in your title! Your title will have a strong influence on how relevant your listing is to searches on eBay. If your regular title is more than 80 characters, make sure to set up an eBay Title Override on Zentail.
It's also important to fill in your description and bullet points on Zentail. The more info the better!
- eBay title override, use as close to 80 characters as possible.
- Descriptions and Bullet Points
Max Listed Quantity
Zentail allows you to imply scarcity of inventory on eBay using the Max Listed Quantity feature. This limits the amount of stock available for a specific SKU on eBay in an effort to:
- Drive more sales (scarcity acts as your call to action!)
- Stay under your eBay listing limits
Review this article to set up your Max Listed Quantity settings on Zentail.
Use a custom template
You can use custom description templates to make your eBay listings look even more awesome. If you're looking for a design firm to create a custom eBay theme, please contact our partner, Frooition (official eBay template design partner) -- ask for Andrew Evans and let them know you're with Zentail.
Many sellers do very well on Zentail using our default listing template, but if you'd like to go the extra mile, review our article on how to implement a custom ebay listing template.
Become a Top Rated Seller
It's important to pay attention to your seller metrics and work towards a goal. eBay gives priority to sellers that they know allow for a positive customer experience. Review detailed criteria on eBay's article on seller levels and performance standards.
Becoming a Top Rated Seller indicates that you consistently deliver outstanding customer service, and also makes you eligible to receive a prominent Top Rated Plus seal on qualifying listings.
To become a Top Rated Seller, you'll need to:
- Have an eBay account that's been active for at least 90 days
- Have at least 100 transactions and $1,000 in sales with US buyers over the past 12 months
- Comply with eBay's selling practices policy
- Meet the requirements for transaction defect rate, cases closed without seller resolution and late shipment rate. You'll find the requirements in the table below
If you've met these performance standards requirements on eBay.com, eBay will automatically upgrade you to the Top Rated Seller status at your next evaluation (occurs monthly).
Monitor and curate reviews. Give feedback to buyers to promote buyer's reviewing your listings or your performance as a seller. You can use tools directly on your eBay account or set up some automated settings on your eBay integrations page on Zentail.
Highest Selling Products Listed with Inventory
If you already have popular products in your catalog, make sure these items are also available for purchase on eBay! It's a great way to start generating sales on goods that you know people already want to buy.
Consider purchasing one of your products from a shopper's perspective. Is your pricing competitive? How easy is it to find a less expensive offer for the same product (including shipping time) on the web? Consider landing price (item price + shipping) when making this decision. It's useful to set up promotional pricing just for eBay to help grow this channel.
Two key things to consider when setting up your shipping policies:
- Offer free shipping whenever possible
- Do not use Calculated Shipping. This leads to lower conversion rate on eBay as it requires shoppers to log-in to see their final landed price.
Outside of shipping cost, consider your fulfillment time. Can you meet the fulfillment and shipping criteria to become a top rated seller? If your current fulfillment methods can't meet those metrics, what can you do to improve your process here?