Before setting SKUs to list with inventory sync enabled, it's best practice to audit your inventory information. This avoids overselling and also makes sure products aren't delisted by receiving a zero inventory update. There are three ways to check on the inventory we expect Zentail to send to each channel. But first, I'd like to note some key considerations when auditing your inventory information.
- If a channel is opted into an inventory threshold Zentail will send zero units when the inventory hits that threshold.
- Each product can have a max listed quantity for each channel, meaning that if the actual inventory level is over the max Zentail will send the max instead.
- Zentail can enabled or disable a warehouse for a specific channel. For example, if you have 10 units in FBA we won't make those 10 units available on Walmart.
- Aliases inherit their inventory from a master product.
- Kits can have both summed quantities and assembled quantities.
Editing Inventory and Bin Location via Import / Export
In the Import / Export, you can create a template to update inventory and bin location in bulk.
- Go to the Import / Export view.
- Click Create New Template.
- Add Bin Location and your specific warehouse Quantity as a column in the template.
- Select the template and Download the report.
- Make modifications to the quantity values and then Upload the report.
This will be the fastest way to audit an entire catalog. Some other ways to manage inventory are covered in this article.