Zentail's Business Analytics suite provides quick and actionable data about your sales and catalog.
Using the Business Analytics suite, you can view how profitable you really are on a per SKU, Brand, Product Group, Smart Type, or Channel (Marketplace) basis. This data allows you to make informed business decisions to keep your sales charts pointing up and to the right!
Please refer to this video tutorial for an overview of our Business Analytics (BA) suite:
The graph is visually-designed to provide a clear, easy way to interpret information.
Definition of Dropdowns
- Metric (Y-Axis) - This is the metric to be summed or averaged. As in, how many orders in a given period, or how much revenue, or a margin.
- Pivot - This determines how you want to view your data. Will it be by SKU? Product Group? Smart Type? Channel? Brand? You can select your pivot through this dropdown.
- CHANNELS - In this section, select or de-select the channel or marketplace that you wish to include in your analysis. After clicking on the ALL CHANNELS button, you can click each marketplace in the area below the graph to include or exclude them in the graph.
- Duration - Using the Duration dropdown, choose the time period you'd like to analyze. This includes default time periods (7 days, 30 days, 90 days, etc...) and the option for a custom time frame.
- Period - This last drop down determines what the unit of measurement will be. For instance, data can be viewed on a daily basis, or broken down into weeks or months.
The table view generates an overview of data in Zentail broken down into several line items.
Useful Possibilities with The Table View:
- Sort each column by clicking on the header.
- Download the data on the table to a .csv by clicking the Download Report button.
- Toggle between a Cumulative view of this data, which sums the information for that time period. Or, choose the view that Average view to see averages over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often is Sales Data updated?
Sales Data is calculated every time a new order comes in. Additionally, Zentail uses Amazon Reconciliation Reports which are released every two weeks to update the data.
How accurate is the Sales Data?
All Sales Data is pulled in directly from the channels. Some channels initially send estimates to Zentail, which Zentail then updates with more accurate data when it the data is received.
What metrics can be manually updated?
Product/Item Cost should be updated frequently in Zentail. All other metrics are pulled in from the channel. Shipping Cost is pulled in from ShipBob, Rakuten, Shipwire, ShipStation and FBA.
How do Aliases and Kits impact the Cost?
Zentail will not double count any costs associated with a Kit or Alias and their component SKUs.
How is the item price calculated?
The analytics include the price of all shipped items; however at this time, pending orders are not included. Refunds are currently included in the cost.
Does the shipment cost attribute include inbound FBA shipment cost?
The current analytics do not include data from inbound FBA shipments.
How is the Commission calculated? What fees are included in the Commission calculation?
The commission is given to Zentail by the channel in the settlement reports. Zentail include all fees that channels report on charging on a particular order. The commission may be updated every two weeks in the event that the channel updates the value.