When selling on your own BigCommerce webstore, you likely have a set of custom categories for your products. To push SKUs from Zentail to BigCommerce, you need to assign those categories within Zentail. This article shows you how you can assign your SKUs to your custom BigCommerce categories through the Zentail user interface or by using the import / export feature.
You can assign your SKUs to more than one BigCommerce category.
- How to assign categories in the Zentail user interface
- How to download BigCommerce category mappings
- How to assign categories in Quick Edit
- How to assign categories using the Import Export feature
Using the Zentail User Interface
- Select the SKU you would like to categorize
- Click EDIT, navigate to CATEGORY & DESCRIPTION
- Use the browse icon or search icon to add BigCommerce categories via keyword, or you can just enter in the BigCommerce category ID.
- Click the + icon.
- You can add as many categories as you need
Obtaining your BigCommerce Category Mappings
To manage BigCommerce categories in both Quick Edit and through Zentail's Import/Export feature, you should download a mapping of the numeric category_id values that correspond to your BigCommerce Categories:
- Go to the Import / Export page on Zentail
- Select the BigCommerce channel in step 1
- Select the Category Mappings report
- Start Generating Report!
In Quick Edit
To add BigCommerce categories in Quick Edit, use the column <Your Store Name> (BigCommerce) Add Category. Then, you can enter in the numeric category_ids values from your BigCommerce category mapping to add the SKU to that category
Conversely, to remove BigCommerce categories in Quick Edit, use the column <Your Store Name> (BigCommerce) Remove Category. Enter the numeric category_id value from your BigCommerce category mapping to remove that SKU from that category.
To see all the numeric IDs of the categories your SKU is in, use the column <Your Store Name> (BigCommerce) Category Ids.
Note: This is a view- and export- only column.
Through an Import
To add and remove categories through an import use the same columns that were used in Quick Edit, specifically <Your Store Name> (BigCommerce) Add Category and <Your Store Name> (BigCommerce) Remove Category. You can always check the exact column wording in our data dictionary.
Create a csv with those columns and then use the numeric category_id values in the Add Category column to add the SKU to that category, or the Remove Category column to remove the SKU from that category.
Then go to the Import / Export page to import your csv.