Fabric Type attribute can send errors for Apparel listings that are not similar to other attribute errors. It accepts values only in certain formats but due to the wide array of values that could be present here, a select list is not possible and direct entry is needed.
This guide explains what will be accepted by Amazon for this attribute and what will not.
INVALID FABRIC_TYPE STRUCTURE
The value of [fabric_type] is not in the expected structure (check commas, empty spaces, percentage etc.).
✓ 100% Cotton
• The percentage indicator is followed directly by the percent sign, followed by an empty space and the capitalized valid fabric.
✓ 90% Cotton, 6% Polyamide, 4% Elastane
• Fibers (Polyamide, Elastane) are separated by a comma.
✓ Polyamide, Elastane
• Fabric layer indicator (Inner, Outer) is followed by a colon, followed by
an empty space.
• Fabric layers (Inner, Outer) are separated by a semicolon, followed by an
✓ Outer: 100% Cotton; Inner: 96% Polyamide, 4%
INVALID FABRIC_TYPE MATERIAL PERCENTAGE FORMAT
The percentage of [fiber name] indicator should not contain more than 3 decimal places.
✓ 55% Polyamide, 45% Wool
• Use a maximum of 2 decimal numbers (e.g. 54.5%, 95.82% etc.).
✓ 94.8% Polyamide, 5.2% Elastane
MISSING FABRIC_TYPE MATERIAL PERCENTAGE
The value of [fabric_type] does not contain a percentage indicator.
✓ 100% Cotton
• Always indicate the percentage of fabric composition (100%, 55% etc.).
✓ 55% Viscose, 45% Linen
• The percentage indicator is followed directly by the percent sign, followed then by an empty space and the capitalized fiber name.
INVALID FABRIC_TYPE MATERIAL ORDER
Fabrics have to be sorted in descending order of percentages.
✓ 70% Silk, 25% Viscose, 5% Linen
• The percentage of fabric composition should be listed in descending order (from largest to smallest).
✓ 90% Polyester, 10% Polyamide
Note: The fabric name should not include the delimiters “;” “:” “,” and “%” outside of the expected structure.