Once a channel is connected to Zentail it's possible to pull some product data into Zentail using the API connection. Currently, this works for Amazon, eBay, Shopify, and BigCommerce. Note that not all data is available through the API so it's still best to export directly from the channel to use as a backup.
This tool is most commonly used during implementation to help build a catalog. If you're using it past implementation please consult Zentail support to confirm this is the proper application.
Where is Generate and Import
For applicable channels, this is located in Import / Export > Run Existing Report > Select Channel > Full Product Data > Generate & Import Report
Using this to Import Data
To get data from a channel into Zentail, simply run one of these reports! A couple things to keep in mind:
- When onboarding, start with the channel with your best catalog data since this will be used as the primary info in Zentail.
- For secondary channels / data sources, use the "Insert Only Mode" to avoid overwriting any primary data while still filling in the blanks.
- Title, Price, and Description overrides can be imported for products if it differs from the data on the primary channel (this is enabled by default)
- During onboarding, leave the "Listed" option unchecked.
Here's an example using eBay data as a primary source, followed by Shopify as a secondary source:
A few notes:
- "Start Import" needs to be clicked to run the report (not done in the video).
- We recommend allowing some time between reports to allow the data to fully upload and complete and avoid timing issues updating the same products with two reports at the same time.
- In this case we're not importing eBay Descriptions, but that can be done through a separate action. This is configured this way since eBay descriptions are HTML, and it's generally preferable to plug your standard Zentail data into your eBay template than to directly import the HTML on your existing descriptions.
- Keep the "Listed" columns unchecked (default).
Using this to Go Live
To use this to go live, check off the "Listed" column. It's recommended to uncheck all other columns unless you intend to update data at the same time as well. And if you do it may be worth running the update prior to listing your products. Similarly, if you're going live with inventory, orders, and/or price before fully launching catalog data then you should run a report with the "Disable Data" columns checked first. This will allow updates for inventory, price, and orders with sending the catalog data in Zentail.
Here's an example listing the products in Zentail to Amazon (based on what's included in Amazon's Active Listings Report):
What if my SKUs are different on each channel?
If you use SKU overrides or SKU mappings, these imports will take that into account and apply the data to your primary Zentail SKU. This assumes you have completed the mappings prior to running the report. Otherwise it would create a separate SKU with that channels data.