Walmart’s shipping policy sets “Free Value Shipping” as the default for all Walmart merchants and applies to shipments in the Continental U.S. (48 states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Walmart does not allow you to opt out on an account-wide basis; however, this is now possible through Zentail.
It is important to know that if you have a product that requires more than 5 transit days you cannot opt-out of “Free Value Shipping” for that item. Zentail suggests that you either include the cost to allow for Free Value Shipping in the price of that item or delist your product from Walmart if you are unable to comply. You may use the Zentail pricing tool which you can find under Advanced Options for each product in your catalog to competitively price your products. Again, If these options do not work for you, we recommend that you delist the product from Walmart.
Transit time for shipments in the Continental United States.
- Value Shipping: 3-7 business days
- Expedited: 1-2 business days
- Standard: 2-5 business days
- Next day: 0-1 business days
If you already offer free shipping, you do not need to take further action. The shipping option will default to the fastest free shipping method.
To opt out of "Free Value Shipping" on a Per-SKU Basis:
- Go to the SKU you want to opt out of free value shipping.
- Toggle the button to override your free value shipping settings. A second toggle will then appear.
- This second toggle allows you to opt-out of Free Value Shipping for that SKU.
- Click the UPDATE button
To opt out of “Free Value Shipping” on an Account-Wide Basis:
- Go to the Integrations page
- In the left column click on the Walmart tab
- Under Feed Options select “Opt-out of Free Value Shipping”
- Click on Save Settings.
*Note this will opt your entire catalog out of the “Free Value Shipping”.
For more information on Free Value Shipping please go to the Walmart Knowledge base: Shipping Standards for Marketplace Sellers. See the Item Level Shipping Override page to Opt out on an item basis through Walmart.