When it is time to optimize products in your catalog for search engines and make sure that shoppers can easily find the products, writing a descriptive Page Title for your products is important.
A Page Title can be thought of as the Headline of a product. It is very similar to a product name, but with a bit more room to write.
To add a Page Title to a SKU in Zentail, follow these steps:
- Go to the Catalog
- Search for the item you'd like to add a Page Title to
- Click on the Product SKU
- On the left side of the page, scroll down. After scrolling down, you will see the Shopify section.
- Click 'Advanced Options' underneath the Shopify logo
- An area to add a Page Title will appear on the panel that opens up on the right.
Now that you are ready to add a page title, here are a few formatting tips. The Page Title should be...
- 70 characters or less
- Include human-readable words and phrases
For example, with this product, I created a Page Title that includes the name of the product and a few other keywords that help tell more of a story about what the product is:
The product above has a Page Title that contains:
- A keyword about the brand (Adidas)
- A keyword about the product line (Supernova)
- A Keyword about what the product is (Running Shorts)
Now that this product has a Page Title, it has a better chance of being found and purchased!
Thinking about the Page Titles of products in your catalog and revising these Page Titles for better search engine optimization will help your shoppers locate your items and will lead to more success.
Feel free to chat with us at Zentail if you could use a hand with thinking about Page Titles and optimizing your store for Shopify.