What is an Alias SKU?
Alias SKUs in Zentail are SKUs that inherit their inventory from a pre-existing "Reference" SKU in Zentail. Alias SKUs by default are Merchant Fulfilled SKUs. You cannot set an Alias SKU as an FBA SKU and send FBA inventory for it.
When should I create an Alias SKU?
- If you are trying to list the same product to multiple ASINs on Amazon.
- If you want to market a product differently on the same or separate channels.
- If your Zentail catalog was built using Amazon-assigned SKU values, or any SKU values (i.e. they are numeric with a leading "0") that you do not want to use moving forward.
Create an Alias SKU
Using Zentail's User Interface
Create a New SKU
- Click a SKU on the Catalog screen. Next, Click on the 3-vertical-dot icon on the top left sidebar. Click "Create Alias", and enter a new SKU in the 'New SKU' field. [Optional] Enter a different UPC in the 'UPC' field. [Optional] Enter a different ASIN in the 'ASIN' field.
- Click the CREATE button.
- Search for the new SKU, edit it's product attributes if necessary and toggle it to List to your desired channel(s).
Link an existing SKU as an Alias SKU:
- Find a SKU in your Catalog that should be treated as the the Master SKU / Reference Product (i.e. you want this SKU to share inventory with another SKU in the catalog).
- On the left sidebar for that SKU, click the 3-vertical-dot icon at the top of the page. Next, click "Create Alias."
- Scroll down to the "Link Existing Product" section. Enter the SKU you want to turn into an Alias SKU "Existing SKU" field. Click "SEARCH" button.
- Select the appropriate SKU from the search results.
Using the Import / Export Feature
- Create a template with the attributes: SKU and Alias of.
- If you prefer, you can download (export) this template. Alternatively, you can create a CSV file with these headers.
- In the SKU column make sure to include the SKU pertaining to the ALIAS - this is the SKU you want to inherit its inventory from the "inventory controlling sku."
- In the Alias of column, include the "inventory controlling SKU" - this is the SKU that will be pushing its inventory to the Alias.
- Upload this CSV file using the template you created.
Note that in order for this feature to be used, the inventory controlling sku must already EXIST in your catalog.
Un-link or Un-Alias a SKU
- Find the SKU you wish to "Un-Alias."
- Click the 3-vertical-dot icon at the top of the product sidebar.
- Select "Unalias."
Change the Reference Product:
You may want to switch which SKU in an Alias relationship is the Reference Product. The Reference Product SKU is the only SKU whose inventory you (or your inventory integration) can update. The Alias SKUs will inherent their inventory from this Reference Product. To Change the Reference Product:
- Find the Alias SKU that you want to set as the main, reference product.
- On the left sidebar for that SKU, click the 3-vertical-dot icon at the top of the menu
- Click "Set as Reference Product."
- You will receive a notification that reads:
Or contact our Success Team: [email protected]