Zentail and Fishbowl Inventory Integration Overview
Zentail now integrates with Fishbowl Inventory! If you're a seller using Fishbowl Inventory, and you want to grow your sales on major channels with ease, this overview will explain how Zentail and Fishbowl integrate.
- You must use Fishbowl Inventory 2017 or later to integrate Zentail with your Fishbowl Inventory account.
- For more information on updating to Fishbowl Inventory 2017, please see this WIKI: https://www.fishbowlinventory.com/wiki/Updating_to_2017
- Create a Fishbowl User => Make note of the User's credentials
- Click on SetUp => User => Make note of the User Group of the User
- Click on SetUP => User Group => Rights => Click on the User Group that the User belongs to and check the box for "Full Rights" in the Data module
- Go to the Zentail Integrations Page => Fisbowl Integration Card => Enter the following information: Host, Port (on which fishbowl is running), Username, Password
- Go to Custom Fields => Select Sales Order and add a custom field called "zentailstatus" and enter the following information => Type: "Text", Description: "A status field imported from Zentail", Check the box marked "Active"
- Go to the Location Groups Module => Obtain the Warehouse Names
- Go to the Zentail Warehouse(s) Page => Enter the Warehouse name exactly as it appears in Fishbowl in the field called Warehouse Code(SkuVault, Fishbowl). Do this for each Fishbowl warehouse you would like to sync with Zentail. **We only sync inventory in warehouses associated with a warehouse code**
- Contact [email protected] to create an app in Fishbowl
- Once the App has been create you will have to approve the app in Fishbowl
- Finally, Toggle the Fishbowl Integration to "Production Mode"
Note: If you plan on drop shipping with Fishbowl, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zentail Reserve Inventory in Fishbowl?
Pending and Pending Payment Orders are sent to Fishbowl in order to reserve inventory. Please keep in mind that for pending payment orders we send "sales price" to fishbowl and per fishbowl rules this cannot be changed.
How/Where do you Cancel an Order? What Happens to the Inventory?
Orders Cancelled in Zentail are DELETED in Fishbowl and the inventory is returned to stock. To cancel an order please see this FAQ: How to Cancel an Order
How often does Zentail pull in Inventory from Fishbowl?
Zentail looks for physical inventory changes every minute
Does Zentail update the order status in Fishbowl?
Yes, the zentailstatus field on each sales order is updated when the channel updates Zentail with the new order status (see step 5 above)
Which field in Fishbowl should the SKU in Zentail match?
The ProductNumber field in Fishbowl should match the SKU in Zentail
How should Product Groups, Kits and Aliases be managed?
Product Groups, Kits and Aliases should all be created in Zentail. In addition, if you have assembled quantity in your own/merchant warehouse you should create these Kits in fishbowl as well.
What information is sent to Fishbowl?
Changes to Product Data in SKUs in Zentail will be sent to Fishbowl.
The following Product Data is sent: SKU, Title, Description, Display Length, Width, Height and Weight.
Will all my inventory be pulled into Zentail after I integrate with Fishbowl?
During the initial connection, inventory will be pulled in for SKUs that have had an inventory change in the last year
How do you identify an order in Fishbowl?
The Order Convention in Fishbowl is: Z + Zentail Order Number
What Tax Codes are Supported?
NON - if there was no tax charged at the point of sale
SAL - if there was tax charged at the point of sale
Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to [email protected]!