While we are unable to provide tax advice, we want to make it easy to understand best practices for your tax settings o n Walmart Marketplace. Here are some resources:
- Log into your Walmart Seller Center
- Go to the Tax Setup page
- Select the States where you have nexus (requirement to collect sales tax). Be sure to follow Configuring Your Taxes In The Seller Center for State-specific nuances.
- In the Tax Codes section, enter one tax code for each shipping option. Generic tax code '2038710' is recommended according to this video: https://vimeo.com/164512893
- Here's a screenshot showing you how to enter the tax code for each shipping option:
6. Enter a short Tax Policy to inform Walmart customers about your general tax policies and rules. For example: "6% sales tax will be applied to all orders shipped to any Maryland address."