- Apply to sell on Walmart Marketplace (Application)
- Kickoff Walmart Marketplace Onboarding: confirm your "readiness to onboard"
- Invite Zentail as a user in your Walmart Seller Center portal
- Complete your 'launch checklist' which includes your Seller Profile configuration, sales tax configuration, and bank account configuration
- Connect your Walmart account in Zentail
- Optimize SKUs for Walmart (FAQ)
- Walmart Test Orders
- Conduct your order testing
- Complete your Walmart Seller Center checklist and set your Walmart integration card in Zentail to production mode
- Address product listing errors in Zentail to ensure your SKUs flow through to your Walmart portal (FAQ)
Confirm your readiness to onboard
Shortly after being approved to sell on Walmart Marketplace, you will receive an email that looks like this:
How to respond
--------- BEGIN RESPONSE DRAFT ---------
- I will be integrating via Zentail.
- ___ SKUs
- ___ SKUs
---------- END RESPONSE DRAFT --------
Invite Zentail as a user in your Walmart Seller Center portal
In order to ensure we are able to guide you through the Walmart Marketplace onboarding process, we request that you add Zentail as a user in your Walmart Seller Center portal.
- If you have not been assigned an @zentail.com email address for your company, please email [email protected] or message us via chat to request one.
- Follow this quick Walmart Knowledge Base tutorial, be sure to assign "Read and Write" permission and use the @zentail.com we have assigned to you.
Configure your Seller Profile for shipping, returns, and customer service
In order to go live on Walmart, you need to configure your Seller Profile which includes:
- Company Information
- Customer Service
- Return Policy
- Tax Info (FAQ: How do I setup my tax settings for Walmart?)
Setup your tax settings for Walmart
While we are unable to provide tax advice, we want to make it easy to understand best practices for your tax settings o n Walmart Marketplace. Here are some resources:
- Log into your Walmart Seller Center
- Go to the Tax Setup page
- Select the States where you have nexus (requirement to collect sales tax). Be sure to follow Configuring Your Taxes In The Seller Center for State-specific nuances.
- In the Tax Codes section, enter one tax code for each shipping option. Generic tax code '2038710' is recommended according to this video: https://vimeo.com/164512893
- Here's a screenshot showing you how to enter the tax code for each shipping option:
6. Enter a short Tax Policy to inform Walmart customers about your general tax policies and rules. For example: "6% sales tax will be applied to all orders shipped to any Maryland address."
Connect your Walmart account in Zentail
All integrations in Zentail are managed on the Integrations page. Here's how to connect your Walmart Marketplace account to your Zentail account:
- Log into your Walmart Partner Portal.
- Go to the API page (you must have Admin privilege).
- In Zentail go to the Integrations page.
- On the left sidebar => Click the Walmart option
- Copy the Consumer ID from the Walmart API page => Paste it into the Consumer ID field in Zentail.
- Copy the Secret Key from the Walmart API page => Paste it into the Private Key field in Zentail.
- Click "SAVE SETTINGS"
Note: If you currently have any other integrations connected to Walmart directly (such as ShipStation), generating a new API key in Walmart will break any current connections. Make sure you paste the new key into any order fulfillment integrations to ensure you are still getting orders while onboarding.
SKUs set to list to Walmart in Zentail will appear on the Walmart Manage Items page in 15 minutes or less. If you have a large number of listable SKUs, let us know and we can perform a bulk action that will list all "listable SKUs".
Walmart Test Orders
Once your SKUs are in your Walmart Portal (viewable in the Manage Items section), follow the steps below.
Note: While completing your test orders, you are required to publish SKUs - These SKUs will actually be live on Walmart and available for purchase so we recommend temporarily reducing inventory in Zentail to 2 for the SKU(s) you publish. For accounts that have not yet completed the launch checklist it can take up to 24 hours for SKUs to be available to publish. We recommend enabling feeds and setting a single SKU to list to Walmart at least 24 hours before you plan to complete the order testing.
- After your catalog is fully set up enable your feed options for Walmart:Enable: Product Data, Inventory Sync, Order SyncMake sure the toggles are set to "Test Mode" and "Order Test Mode"
- Log into your Walmart Seller Center
- Click on the "Launch Checklist" => Click "Complete Item & Order Testing"
- Follow these steps from Walmart's Knowledgebase.
Note: While completing your test orders, you are required to publish SKUs - These SKUs will actually be live on Walmart and available for purchase so we recommend temporarily reducing inventory in Zentail to 2 for the SKU(s) you publish.
How to Conduct Order Testing
The following should be completed once you've placed test orders through you seller center. You will need to cancel one order and "ship" and refund the second by following our instructions below. To avoid delay please follow each step carefully.
Cancel one order
- Click one of the orders in Zentail.
- Click the 3-vertical-dot icon at the top of the order slider.
- Click "Cancel Order"
Ship the other order
- Click the other order in Zentail.
- Click the blue "SHIP" button.
- If you do not see a blue ship button, route the order by clicking the 3-vertical dot icon and selecting Routing information. Choose fulfill with the appropriate warehouse
- Un-toggle from "Purchase Label".
- Manually enter shipment information as shown below. [Edit: please use a fake tracking number with the correct number of digits]
- Click "SUBMIT"
Return the order you shipped
- In the "Shipped" section of the Orders page => Click the order that you just shipped
- Click Generate RMA on the order menu
- Click "Create Return"
- Click the "Complete Returns" button that will appear below Generate RMA
- On the Complete Returns Menu that appears click "Complete RMA #X"Make sure "Issue Full Refund" is checked
- The Order should now be marked as Returned
Complete the Launch Checklist
After completing your test orders, make sure you take care of the final item on the launch checklist by marking it as done:
If your account is still in "staging", open a case with Walmart to tell them you have completed the Order checklist:
Related reading: Walmart's Knowledge Base for order testing
Complete Walmart Seller Setup and set Walmart integration card to production mode
Congratulations, you've made it through the test order process and you're ready to go live! Here are your final steps:
- If you have not done so already, in your Walmart Seller Center, review your items on Walmart.com and mark this final checklist step as 'done'
- CLICK "GO LIVE"
- In your Zentail Integrations page, make sure your toggle buttons are set to Production Mode.
- Finally, Click SAVE SETTINGS! Congratulations, let the sales begin!
Let us know if you need assistance getting started with Walmart!
Related reading: How do I troubleshoot Walmart listing errors and issues?