EasyList is a listing framework we have developed which simplifies the process of listing SKUs to Amazon. At the bottom of this article, we review instances when you should use EasyList and instances when you should not use it.
This article will cover:
- How to List to Existing ASINs using EasyList
- When you should use this feature
When you should not use this feature
Spoiler: if you create your own ASINs, you should not use EasyList
Listing to Existing ASINs
Our original system for listing to Amazon would send all product data to Amazon. This caused issues with Amazon frequently rejecting SKUs because one or more attributes attributes did not match the ASIN's data.
By using EasyList, if you want to list to a specific ASIN, just use our ASIN Matcher or manually paste the ASIN into the EasyList ASIN field. Instead of sending all product data which gives Amazon the chance to reject your feed, all Zentail does is sends SKU, ASIN, Title, Description, Condition, and shipping group name. The title doesn't need to match Amazon's title.
- Go to the Catalog Page
- Click on a SKU
- Click on Edit
- Scroll down to the "EasyList ASIN" field under General Info to enter the ASIN you are trying to list to.
Tip: You can search for existing ASINs using the UPC you've entered by clicking the browse icon
When you SHOULD use EasyList
There are a number of situations where we recommend using EasyList.
- When selling on a competitive ASIN on Amazon
- When you do not have complete product data in Zentail but you still wish to sell on an ASIN on Amazon.
- When you have data in Zentail that differs from the data on an Amazon ASIN, but you still wish to sell on that ASIN. This most often occurs when Amazon has poor quality data for an ASIN.
When you SHOULD NOT use EasyList
If you have control over an ASIN on Amazon, you should not use EasyList. This prevents Zentail from sending the full product information to Amazon*, which is something they require when you have control over an ASIN. This is most common for sellers with their own Brand.
If this is the case, you should remove the ASIN from the EasyList ASIN field on Zentail, and simply keep your UPC / EAN / ISBN / GTIN or Desired ASIN filled in.
*Note: EasyList means Zentail will only send SKU, ASIN, title, description, condition, and shipping group to Amazon.
ASIN Management on Zentail