Each product category or Amazon department has slightly different requirements. Some categories require minimal information, while other categories have extensive requirements. Below is a list of basic information applicable to all categories.
Here are the steps for generating new ASINs from Zentail:
- Enter the basic product attributes (bold and italicized attributes are generally required):
Description - Must be under 2,000 characters. You can use an Amazon Description Override in the Advanced Options.
Tags -- not required, enter your keywords here to improve Amazon search optimization.
Bullet Points -- you can add less than the 5 provided in Zentail. Must be under 500 characters
2. In the CATEGORY & DESCRIPTION tab, find the "Categorization" section and input the Amazon Item Type -- click the arrow icon to the right of the field to browse Amazon's product classifier; use the "Valid Values" or "Node ID" value. Amazon Product Type -- click the arrow icon to the right of the field to select from our Category Browser.
3. Save by clicking the blue check mark button on the bottom right of the page.
4. In the "Channels" section on the left sidebar for this SKU, for Amazon, if there is no toggle button to set the SKU to "List", check for Critical Issues and view the errors returned by Amazon to complete the data that Amazon is asking for.
- Repeat step 4 until the toggle button appears, se the toggle button to "List".
- If an 'eye' icon linking to your new ASIN does not appear within 15 mins, check for error messages from Amazon until the 'eye' icon appears.
- Once an ASIN is generated, it may take 15 - 45 minutes for all data to flow through to the new listing. Images are typically the slowest to populate, please be patient.
- Contact us if you are having trouble generating an ASIN